CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I am not a hoarder!

Good Morning!  Ok, so you are wondering why that is the title of my post, aren't you?  Well several months back when my daughters came over, they looked at my treasure trove and laughed.  And then they called me a #@$%@$#$ (hoarder).  Now that wasn't very nice since the definition of Hoarding according to Dictionary.com is defined as: a supply or accumulation that is hidden or carefully  guarded for preservation, future use. Well, here I am again thinking that maybe they were a wee bit right.  I buy furniture and "stuff" when I find it.  The "hoard" is confined to one area and that's it.  So girls, I have admitted it, My Name is Tina and I am treasure hoarder!!   When you find a great piece, you have get it then!  Everyone has heard the "you snooze, you lose" and it's true!   I have picked up some great stuff over the past week and super excited to work on those pieces.  
A month or so ago, I bought three pieces there not in the best shape.  But they all had great "bones" and I felt pretty confident, I could bring them back to life.  So far, I have worked on two of them.  This is second one, an old wash stand.  I love the way she turned out.  I have been running low on my ASCP and didn't have enough of Old Orche
or Country Grey to do the whole piece so............Chango
Presto....mixed the two together and she is clothed in the 
OO/CG mix.  
So before I show you the next piece, let me preface it with, the light in my living room is not good for picture taking (not of furniture anyway)   This piece is an huge dresser that I think is an Early Americana piece.  It is HEAVY!  Ask my hubs!  She is painted Duck Egg Blue with a wash of Paris Grey and then waxed.  She had plain wood knobs, which is common for that period of furniture. I fancied them up with clay and stamps and wax for an aged look.  I found the tutorial for this on Our Hiding Place and I love them!
It takes some time but I love the aged look and not to mention knobs are pretty pricey!  

So here she is, see I told you the lighting was band....she is much much prettier in person,  I promise (doesn't that sound like something you would tell someone going on a blind date) Or she has a great personality LOL!  
Well gotta get out of this chair and get moving.  Got some "hoarding" to do........


Till next time.......
Tina





No comments:

Post a Comment