CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday Monday....

Today was a whirlwind of a day....but I like those kind of days.  The kind of day when you get to ride around with your hubs in his truck looking at antiques, junk and getting him involved in Just a Girl and a Brush!  We live in Memphis, so lots of men drive trucks and it sure comes in handy hauling our treasures back to the room where the "magic makeovers" happen.  I seem to spend lots of time looking at Craigslist, so we took off on our journey to town about 80 miles from here.  I had high hopes for the trip but we only brought home a dining room table and a beautiful gold framed picture.

I will be sharing pics of both in the next few weeks.  I wanted to share a couple of pics today.  The first is a piece that I just sold and that will be picked up tomorrow.  So I bid ado to "indigo", she was indigo blue when she came home with me.

I have read many blogs that talk about how attached you get to a piece, well it is true.  But I think my hubs is worse about it than me!  Posting this pic would not be complete without me professing my undying love for Annie Sloan Chalk Paint!  I tried it several months ago after reading about it on Miss Mustard Seed.   I had to travel to purchase some from Southern Institute of Faux Finishing.  I think it is pretty much the best thing since sliced bread (with the exception of Diet Coke, Peanut Butter and Chocolate) and I love working with it. It has made working on some pieces that scream "a step away from the dump" salvageable.
  Like "daisy"
Wait till you see her transformation! Ok, you talked me into a peek...

 Seeing the undesirable and realizing it is just like all the other chests, just needs attention.  In closing, I want to share a heartwarming link to a story that ran in the  Commercial Appeal on Saturday. It is the story of a homeless man who had been disformed by an accident.  I have seen him at many intersections around the area, and many times gave him money.  I noticed some people tried to avoid him so not to have to look at him and make eye contact.  Aren't we all God's creations and though all different and each a treasure......

Tina~ Just a Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment